LOST ITEMS: best thing to do is come in when we are open, it is faster than waiting for an email or FB response, there is a phone but it is just for tele-marketers...
Monday - Thursday 6pm to 2am-ish
Friday & Saturday 4pm to 4am
Sunday 4pm to 1am-ish
CONTACT INFORMATION: For all booking inquiries, please send an email to the appropriate account below...
Secret Project Robot is an artist run art space in Brooklyn, NewYork. Established in 2004, it has hosted some major events in the history of New York's culture of DIY and artist run spaces since the 2000's, including secret shows by Spiritualized, performances by Laurie Anderson and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's not to mention thousands of art shows, parties, installations, performance pieces, bbq's and bands. Secret Project Robot is highly selective in putting together shows, so please describe the event, in detail, that you are seeking before submitting a proposal to a curator.
As always thank you for thinking of us and for sending your amazing ideas...
For bands, fiims, dj's or parties: firstname.lastname@example.org
For art shows inquiries: email@example.com
For general information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For press inquires: email@example.com
Secret Project Robot is 21+ Except for art openings..
- There is almost always an art installation up in the performance gallery space... If you are looking for a white box or a darkened venue, you need to make arrangements about 3 months ahead of time, but even then it is discouraged, please read mission statement....
- All shows are run by fellow artists, we do not indulge VIP attitudes, please submit all proposals with love and show up ready to hang out as friends.
- If you DON"T hear back from us the date is not available.
- Shows will only be confirmed once an agreement of our “terms” has been reached. The purpose of this agreement is 100% transparency between performers and SPR in regards to House Costs, run of show, payout & co-operation.
- Secret Project Robot prefers a whole show proposal as we like fully curated events full of friends...
- Unfortunately, We can not accommodate a band "looking to jump on a gig"
- Please discuss time of doors and set times with your booking representative, but generally for music doors 8pm, for weekend parties doors 10pm
- On weekends there are sometimes, 2 shows, 8 to 12 and 12 to 4, in your email, please request the hours or if you'd like the full night...
- We are working on soundproofing, but there may be a curfew enforced for some weeknight shows!! we know this is lame!! thanks for supporting us still!
DOOR COST SHOULD BE BASED ON THE BELOW INFORMATION and somewhere in the ballpark of $8 to $12, you decide, not us...
- House Costs go to pay for our Sound Engineer and Door Manager
- If the door Grosses $60-$200 the house cost is $60,
- If The door Grosses $201-400 the house cost $100
- If the door Grosses $400 to $800 the house cost is $150,
- If the door Grosses $800 to $1200 house costs are $200,
- Shows over $1200 will take a flat $275
- Unfortunately we can not accommodate FREE shows or DONATION only shows, if you want to do this, we will negotiate a room fee
- For Music Events, Doors are generally at 8pm, for Weekend Parties Door are generally at 10pm, but please confirm with your booker to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- We expect the performers to make posters and FB events for the night of their performance at least 2.5 weeks in advance, please forward to curator so we can add to our calendar and newsletter
- For all band related events load in is 2 hr before doors with sound check 1 hr before doors... we do 15-20 minute sound/line checks with each band, bands desiring more sound check time need to check in with booker.
- Each performer will receive 2 drink tickets good for Presidente draft, Miller Lite, box red wine, A well drink that uses the soda gun, i.e. a whiskey coke or vodka soda, or a shot of well liquor
- Each performer will get 2 guest list spots, requests for more guest list spots will be meant with lower percentage of payouts to be fair to other performers.
- Quadraphonic sound system with QSC kw-series subs, 2 QSC Kw-series 3 way loud speaker with 15" sub, 2 QSC KW-series 2 way loud speaker,
- 2 QSC KW-series 2 way wedge monitors
- Allen and Heath Qu-24
- Stage plot is rectangular, 12 feet wide by 11 feet deep 18" tall (see diagram)
BACKLINE FOR BANDS AND DJ's (in general all of this stuff is available, we try to keep it in good repair)
- Many many microphones, nothing fancy.
- Many RCA, 1/4 inch, XLR, 1/8 inch, and adapter cables
- 6 channel DI box
- Mics for drum kit
- 6 boom mic stands
- guitar amp Black Star Combo 2x60 watt 2x12"
- Very Basic house Drum kit, bring your own symbols & snare & kick pedal
- bass amp Ampeg combo 2x10 450 watt
- Our DJ set up is mobile and we can accommodate different set ups in different areas in the room
- Pioneer XDJ USB CDJ
- 2 Pioneer Nexus 2000 cdj
- 1 Pioneer DJM 900 NXS2
- Technics turntables (bring your own needles)
- Basic pioneer DJ mixer for turntables in the bar
- Lighting, basic stage lighting
- House light show and visuals by Secret Project Robot A/V team
- 1 Video Projector with HDMI cable, must bring your own media player
- (3) 4' foot folding tables
- A keyboard stand
- we do not have a fog machine, if you want one bring your own..