For all booking inquiries, please send an email to the appropriate account below...
Secret Project Robot is an artist run art space in Brooklyn, NewYork. Established in 2004, it has hosted some major events in the history of New York's culture of DIY and artist run spaces since the 2000's, including secret shows by Spiritualized, performances by Laurie Anderson and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's not to mention thousands of art shows, parties, installations, performance pieces, bbq's and bands. Secret Project Robot is highly selective in putting together shows, so please describe the event, in detail, that you are seeking before submitting a proposal to a curator.
We do try to respond to all emails and inquiries, but if the date is already taken or does not fit into our current programming we may not respond right away.
As always thank you for thinking of us and for sending your amazing ideas...
For audio/visual and film events: email@example.com
For bands, dj's or parties: firstname.lastname@example.org
For art shows inquiries: email@example.com
For performance art/dance: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general information: email@example.com
For press inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in doing an event at Secret Project Robot...
Below are some guidelines that will help you through the process of putting a show together with us!
- Secret Project Robot is 21+ unless otherwise noted... Children accompanied by an adult are welcome before 10pm
- If You are interested in putting together a show at Secret Project Robot please email the proper curatorial department in the CONTACT section above.
- Shows at SPR are fluid in nature, though we don't usually book events back to back in the gallery, there will often be a show in the gallery and a DJ party in the bar.
- All shows are run by fellow artists, we do not indulge VIP attitudes, please submit all proposals with love and show up ready to hang out as friends.
- Please no phone calls.
- Please check our calendar before sending a booking inquiry to make sure the date of interest is available.*
- Shows will only be confirmed once an agreement of our “terms” has been reached. The purpose of this agreement is 100% transparency between performers and SPR in regards to House Costs, run of show, payout & co-operation.*
- Rentals of the space should be artistic in nature and are handled on a case by case basis, any rental inquiry should be made 3 months in advance
- Our Door Deal is as Follows: If the door Grosses $0-$499 the house cost is $100, If the door Grosses $500 to $999 the house cost is $175, If the door Grosses $1,000 to $2,000 house costs are $250, Shows over $2,000 will require extra security and therefore we will deduct 25% capped at $550. House Costs go to pay for our Sound Engineer and Door Manager and additional security when needed
- Door Times and Set Times to be determined between performers & SPR representative*
- We expect the performers to make posters and FB events for the night of their performance at least 2 weeks in advance, please forward to curator so we can add to our calendar and newsletter
- For all band related events Load in and sound check times need to be confirmed... we do 20 - 30 minute sound/line checks with each band
- Each performer will receive 3 drink tickets good for Tecate, Miller Lite, Bud, A well drink that uses the soda gun, i.e. a whiskey coke or vodka soda, or a shot of well liquor
- Each performer will get 2 guest list spots, requests for more guest list spots will be meant with lower percentage of payouts to be fair to other performers.
- Quadraphonic sound system with QSC kw-series subs, 2 QSC Kw-series 3 way loud speaker with 15" sub, 2 QSC KW-series 2 way loud speaker, 2 QSC KW-series 2 way wedge monitors.
- Allen and Heath 16 input mixing board with efx
- Many many microphones, nothing fancy.
- Mics for drum kit
- Black Star Combo guitar amp 2x60 watt 2x12"
- Drum kit, bring your own symbols & snare & kick pedal
- Ampeg bass amp combo 2x10 450 watt
- Our DJ set up is mobile and we can accommodate different set ups in different areas in the room
- Pioneer XDJ USB CDJ
- 2 Pioneer Nexus 2000 cdj
- 1 Pioneer DJM 900 NXS2
- Technics turntables (bring your own needles)
- Basic pioneer DJ mixer
- Lighting, basic stage lighting
- House light show and visuals with 4 way projectors
- Video mixer- must bring your own laptop and connection for macs to HDMI
- Stage plot is rectangular, 12 feet wide by 11 feet deep 18" tall